Since this time last week, I have:
- Seen The Mousetrap, which is the longest-running West End play (I’m not really sure why, but then again I’m all in favour of tradition, and it’s a fine tradition)
- Had dinner with the girls from school – six of us this time!
- Had my friend Beth stay with me. After 8 1/2 months of travelling she’s finally on her way home. I’m in awe of her.
- Made a new friend
- Had a haircut
- Bought loads of books (current reading: The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters. Freaky but good!)
- Played tennis
- Finally visited the British Library! I live practically opposite the library but had never actually been inside until Sunday, when I went to see the Ramayana exhibition with Kashmira. It was great, and now I have to go back and see the permanent collection! Oooh and the bookshop is excellent. The library though…. ahhh. I think I have found my spiritual home. And it’s only 50m away!
- Finally, I spent Bank Holiday Monday chilling out with a friend and watching DVDs, which was a wonderfully relaxing way to spend my holiday.
I spent months looking forward to August Bank Holiday and trying to decide where to go, and in the end it was great just to stay at home for once!